Monday Marketing Madness | Victoria web marketing
5 simple steps to creating a Facebook business page
With 500 million users, and providing the ability for businesses to reach potential customer by demographic and by geography, Facebook can be a powerful online marketing tool to help increase sales. Is it hard to create a Facebook business page? Not at all, says Hubspot, and provides 5 simple steps on how to do it (with video!) Bonus link: 11 Facebook marketing tips and tactics for B2B marketers Yet another bonus link: 9 Facebook marketing strategies to build super fans
Use informative ads to help businesses reach more customers
Ads are just answers, says Google – ads should not only be visually appealing, but also informative. For example, online retailer CafePress uses Google Ads feature Sitelinks: Ad Sitelinks provide additional links to specific, relevant content deeper within your sitemap. Rather than sending all users to the same landing page, Ad Sitelinks displays up to four additional destination URLs for users to choose from. The message: users are more likely to click on your link if they can find what they’re looking for from the very start.
What is SEO?
SEO sounds technical, complicated, and arcane, but it’s a powerful tool that can help you reach more customers by getting your business to the top of Google search results, ahead of everybody else. There’s actually a Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors that summarizes the major factors to focus on for search engine ranking success. Bonus links: a quick guide to SEO guides within the Periodic Table:
- Overview: The Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors
- Content & Search Engine Ranking Factors
- HTML Code & Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Site Architecture & Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Link Building & Ranking In Search Engines
- Social Media & Ranking In Search Results
- Trust, Authority & Search Rankings
- Personalization & Search Engine Rankings
- Violations & Search Engine Spam Penalties
- Download The Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors
(October 3, 2011)
– Nevin Thompson writes a weekly blog for Victoria web marketing company JumpStartWeb.